Honorary Chair - Race for the CureKSL.COM
- Nearly 17,000 runners hit the pavement Saturday morning in downtown Salt Lake City to raise money for the fight against breast cancer.
- Linda Hill, the honorary chair of this year's race, has battled four forms of the disease -- Hodgkin's, thyroid cancer, colon cancer and now breast cancer -- over the past 30 years.
- "I'm so excited," Hill said. "I've never been able to come before because I've usually been in the hospital or sick or had an organ removed or something. So now, it's really fun to actually be here."
Battling Cancer With T-Shirts And Laughter!NPR Interview
- Linda was interviewed by National Public Radio's Howard Berkes this month.
- Thanks to NPR, there is a renewed interest in Linda, her story and somuchmore.
- "Everybody has their own way of getting through things," explains Hill. "This just must be my way of doing it."
Linda Hill, Wasatch Woman of the Year!Congratulations!
- Wasatch Woman magazine announced the overall winner and honorees for the fourth-annual Wasatch Woman of the Year award.
- Linda was selected from over 120 nominations as the overall winner.
- For more information about the Wasatch Woman of the Year event, to purchase tickets or become a sponsor, visit www.wasatchwoman.com or contact Marie Bowcut at 801-204-6831.
Glenn Beck hosts Linda and somuchmore.The show ran 14 October, 2008
- Glenn Lee Beck (born February 10, 1964) is an American radio and television host, conservative political commentator, author, and entrepreneur.
- He hosts The Glenn Beck Program, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show.
- Beck also hosts a self-titled television show on Fox News Channel.
KUTV Channel 2Fighting Cancer In Hilarious Fashion
- Meet one woman who’s fighting cancer in hilarious fashion.
- Creating off-the-wall clothing that’s raising money and lifting hopes.
- “The thing I love about this is helping other people smile.”
K-BULL 93 FMUtah's New Country Leader K-Bull 93 and the Huntsman Cancer Foundation are asking you to join us in our fight against cancer.
- Help support this unique community resource right in your own back yard.
- Become a lifetime partner as we continue to build a reason to hope.
- Thank you from Huntsman Cancer Foundation and Utah's New Country Leader K-Bull 93.
Yes, you can smile.Cancer does not define us - we are somuchmore
- These gifts are the message, the voice of hope, victory and love.
- Each one is made of quality material, not silk screened, but embroidered with quotes that will make you smile and one of them will be your message.
- We also offer gifts such as bags and comforters.
Gifts for that special person.Show your support with a smile
- Give a gift to someone who needs the support the most
- We can send your gift directly to your loved one.
- We can also give your gift to someone who needs it, delivering the gift right to the HCF.
somuchmore gifts are also available at many other locations.Suggest our gifts be added to your hospital gift shop
- We also make somuchmore T-Shirts for team events.
- Contact us for how we can help you be somuchmore!
- Thank you for your support.
High quality T-shirtsEmbroidered with quotes that will make you smile
- 6.1 Oz Pre-Shrunk 100% Ultra Cotton
- Seamless double stitched collar
- Double stitched sleeve and bottom hems
Raw-Edge ToteCarry your books, MP3 player, water bottle and "somuchmore."
- Available in Bluegrass or Stone with your choice of quotes.
- 100% cotton canvas with natural canvas webbing straps
- Antique brass hardware and inside hanging pocket.
Consider yourself hugged!Reversible design with a solid khaki side gives you versatility.
- Just the perfect size to wrap around you while watching TV, or better yet - while receiving chemo infusions!
- Baffle-box styling maintains an even distribution of hypoallergenic fill.
- Soft shell feels great against your skin.
Huntsman Cancer Institute is a nonprofit research and treatment center of excellence at the University of Utah.HCI offers specialized care for all the ways cancer can impact your life.
- The Huntsman Cancer Foundation (HCF) gives a Reason to Hope® to cancer patients and their families around the world. HCF is a non-profit organization dedicated to maximizing resources to support the research, education, and treatment at Huntsman Cancer Institute and Hospital. We rely on the generosity of individuals, corporations, community groups, and other organizations to help us reach our fundraising goals. The Foundation office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, minutes from the Huntsman Cancer Institute and Hospital.
- This September, Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) celebrates a 10 year anniversary.
- One mission: To understand cancer from its beginnings, to use this information to design new treatments, and to alleviate suffering from cancer.
SUPPORT GROUPSAwaken Your Senses: Living Your Best Life with Cancer
- Facilitated by trained social workers, this group helps participants manage stress.
- Stress Reduction Hour - Huntsman Cancer Institute patients can learn techniques scientifically shown to reduce stress.
- Woman to Woman Group - Available to women who are presently dealing with or have dealt with some form of gynecological cancer, this group promotes healing in a safe environment.
DONATIONSsomuchmore recommends donating to HCI
- By Phone: Please call (801) 584-5816 and indicate you’d like to make a donation by credit card over the phone.
- By Mail: Please make check payable to “Huntsman Cancer Foundation” and mail to 500 Huntsman Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108. Include your full name and address so we can send the correct tax information.
- On-line: To donate on-line, simply click on our online form.
I just heard your story on NPR. I lost both breasts last year to cancer, and I didn't have reconstructive surgery. I love how I look, and I love more that I don't have to wear a bra anymore. Freedom! Thank you for your bravery.